Thursday, December 6, 2012

I Am Moving up in the World

I finally took the plunge and bought a Kindle Fire HD. I will be using it mostly to play games and get on the internet when I am away from home. I might even read a book or two and watch a movie. JUST KIDDING! Of course I am going to use it for genealogy!

Before I download the Families App, I will be learning more about it. The Families App syncs with Legacy Family Tree which is the genealogy database program I use. Legacy Family Tree has a free webinar, Genealogy on the Go - the Families app for your Android, iPhone, iPod Touch, or iPad, which I will be watching today. I will be out of town for a week starting Sunday so I am looking forward to playing around with it when I am out on the road.

I will also be playing Temple Run and watching Upstairs Downstairs.


Copyright © 2012 Michele Simmons Lewis

4 comments:

  1. Hi Michele, maybe these can help you out.

    I wrote a blog series on using the Kindle Fire for genealogy. Here's the link to the intro to the series, which includes links to the apps I discuss: http://genblogjulie.blogspot.com/2012/04/using-kindle-fire-for-genealogy.html.

    Also, there is a Kindle for Genealogy group on Facebook that you should join (if you haven't already). Good stuff. http://www.facebook.com/groups/351158218238516/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am reading your blog now! Thanks for pointing me in the right direction :):) I didn't know about the FB group either :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have sent my request to join the FB group. I see several familiar faces on there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad I could help. BTW I saw the issue on FB yesterday...it came up in another discussion and when I checked out the page, I saw your stuff and your comments. I'm having a really hard time with these people who think they can just take other people's stuff. I came across another instance today and have emailed the person whose stuff was stolen to alert them. I know this person didn't give permission as they would most certainly have asked for attribution. This is not the first time this person has taken what doesn't belong to them and I know they've been called on it several times and it continues to this day. The netve of some people!

    ReplyDelete