Thursday, December 20, 2012

Patron Ordinance Submission Sheet

In regard to the post I did on the The International Genealogical Index (IGI), several readers e-mailed me asking if I could post a Patron Ordinance Submission Sheet as an example. I said that I would try and get permission from the Family History Library. Well I got permission so here it is! You can click on the image to make it larger. I have blacked out the submitter's name and address as I do not know if she is still living. The person of interest is Carlos Lee (entry 1), who married Eliza Lee. The informant for the information, Leonard Slade, is now deceased. You can read the original post regarding why I consider him such a credible source. If you look at the top left of the form, the first number you see is '81. That tells you that this was submitted in 1981. At that time Leonard Slade was alive and well and in his genealogical hey day.

Used by permission. © 2012 by Intellectual Reserve, Inc. All rights reserved.


A special thanks to the Family History Library for allowing me to use this image. I hope you will use the IGI. Many people write the IGI off but you can uncover some good info as long as you remember to get the original document if you are using the community indexed portion of the IGI or the Patron Ordinance Submission Sheet if you are using the community contributed portion.


Copyright © 2012 Michele Simmons Lewis

No comments:

Post a Comment