Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Cemetery Wars!

There are several Find-A-Grave volunteers in this area and when new requests are posted the battle begins!  I work part-time as an RN in the emergency room of the local hospital. I was at work on Sunday when several new requests came out.  My competitors took advantage and snatched up all of the requests.  By the time I got home from work all I got was an email from my friend Ann who said she was nice enough to have left me a request in Dearing.  That was very kind of her but Julie snagged that one before I could.  Just when I thought all was lost, a new request came out for Grove First Baptist Church in Grovetown and my fingers flew to the “claim” button.  HA!  I grabbed it before Ann, Dan and Julie could even blink.   I went out today to snap the photo and here it is.  Take that, Ann, Dan and Julie!

001

Copyright © 2013 Michele Simmons Lewis

3 comments:

  1. That's really a very pretty tombstone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it because it has the wife's full name. Maggie might be a nickname but getting the middle name is nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice photo. You did a good job. It is easy to read. I've posted to findagrave. I wish all
    my pictures looked that good.

    ReplyDelete