Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Finding an Old Genealogy Website

Matt asks:
”I'm trying to find some information that was available on the web a number of years ago but is no longer accessible.  I've looked at the 'Wayback Machine' Internet Archive but the pages are no longer available.  Are you aware of another Internet Archive I can use to find the old webpage?  It is www.leverton-geneology.com.”

I ran a Google search and I found a 2004 post by Stu Roberts stating that all of his research was now on www.leverton-genealogy.com.  You can see the post HERE.  I ran another Google search with the following search terms; Stu Roberts, Leverton, genealogy.  I then found Leverton Genealogy which appears to be what you are looking for.

The Wayback Machine that Matt mentioned is an excellent way to find old websites that no longer exist.  I am really surprised that they have no record of Stu’s old website.


Copyright © 2013 Michele Simmons Lewis

2 comments:

  1. ...may have to do with the spelling of 'genealogy' vs 'geneology'....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't even notice that! I tried running it through Wayback with the correct spelling and it still didn't bring it up.

    ReplyDelete