Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Archival Supplies

J. F. asks:
”Which archival supply companies do you recommend?”

The only archival supplies I buy are sheet protectors and I buy those in bulk at Sam’s Club.  They are acid free and archival quality.  I use them to store documents and photos in binders.  I don’t have many artifacts to protect so I haven’t had a need to invest in real archival supplies.  I am going to open this up to the readers.  Which companies would you recommend to J. F. and why?


Copyright © 2013 Michele Simmons Lewis

5 comments:

  1. I've used Hollinger Metal Edge - they have pretty much everything. I can no longer recommend from Light Impressions, a company that I used to use regularly. Am still waiting for an order I placed about 3 years ago, and I'm not alone. I managed get the charge taken off my credit card. Things went really downhill there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use Hollinger Metal Edge too. I have purchased numerous archival quality boxes to store a Family Bible, documents, and pictures. There customer service is excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much Debi and Brenda for your recommendations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. In Canada, I recommend the National Institute for Genealogical Studies store: http://www.genealogicalstudies.com/_ and Carr McLean: http://www.carrmclean.ca/ Larger art supply stores often have some archival supplies too, or may be able/willing to order them.

    ReplyDelete