Monday, November 25, 2013

Typo

Dear Myrtle apparently read my Conflicting Evidence blog post and noticed that I said, “The second theory is that it was a simple typo by the clerk”  (speaking of how the county clerk had written (hand written) the bride’s name differently in two places on the form).  So Dear Myrtle, AKA Pat Richley-Erickson, posted this on Facebook:

“Is there such a thing as a "typo" in a handwritten document?”

Carol Yates Wilkerson, “Now that just [sic]”

Sue Clifford Maxwell, “Have you read some posts that have mistakes because their fingers can't keep up with their brain? Well, I'm one who can't write at a speed to keep up with my brain so I have handwritten typo's all the time!”

Nathan W. Murphy, “Handpo?”

Michael John Neill, “A writo”

Barbara Van Heel, “A scriptographical error?”

Michael John Neill, “For things written with a pencil, a ‘leado’ For things written with a pen, an ‘inko.’”

Paula Johnson Hinkel, “When I mistake one word for another, it's a ‘wordo’ and I do it all the time.”

ShareOurGarden, “Well typo is better than ‘booboo.’”

Sue McCormick, “I write ‘b’ for ‘p’ and vice versa ALL the time! (You should see whay [sic, not sure if this was on purpose or not] probably can look like!) Are these ‘letteros’?”


I only quoted the jolly jokers (the ones that made me wheeze). 

 

Copyright © 2013 Michele Simmons Lewis

2 comments:

  1. Wow! I'm impressed with all your followers. So many celebs (not a typo, just an abbreviation) commenting. Keep up the good work as you are one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for your very kind comment :)

    ReplyDelete