Monday, December 23, 2013

Social Fixer

This doesn’t have anything to do with genealogy per se but I want to give a shout out to Social Fixer.  In a way it does have something to do with genealogy because having Social Fixer means  I spend a lot less time on Facebook and I don’t accidentally miss things that are posted that are pertinent to my genealogy research or my genealogy business. Social Fixer is a free browser extension that allows you to filter your news feed, hide all of the annoying panels, and it will keep your news feed on most recent.  One of the features I like the most is being able to mark a post as read/mute or read/hide.  If you make it mute it is gone and if you make it as hide it will disappear until someone comments on it.  This means you won’t have to scroll past them again to find things that you haven’t read yet.  As a matter of fact, I never have to scroll at all.  I just mark the post either read/mute or read/hide and then the next one pops up. I can sit there and read everything on the newsfeed without every scrolling.  If I am not mistaken, I think it was Marian Pierre-Louis that first told me about Social Fixer.  I can’t thank her enough for that. 

 

Copyright © 2013 Michele Simmons Lewis

No comments:

Post a Comment