Friday, February 7, 2014

And the contest winner is…

Judy Schriver from the Columbia County Genealogical Society who guessed 322.  The actually number is 315 so she was only 7 off!  IMPRESSIVE!  Second place goes to Teresa Ghee Elliott from the Organized Genealogists Facebook page with 302 (13 off).   For those that missed it, I asked people to guess how many death certificates I have in my possession.  I had finally scanned them all into the computer.

I can’t believe how many guesses came in!  I had to compile everything on a spreadsheet.

Honorable Mentions go to:

  • Randy Seaver via the blog, First person to guess (101)
  • Sara Cochran from the Organized Genealogists Facebook Page, highest guess (3004).  Really?  Believe it or not, I actually do have a life outside of genealogy. There was an entire herd of people that guessed over 1000.  Jeepers!  I thought 315 was a lot!
  • Fred via email, lowest guess (12).  Twelve death certificates in 23 years?  I wanted to also mention Deb Canuk via the Organized Genealogists Facebook Page who guessed “more than 12.”  She beat Fred but that is about it. 

Maybe we will do this again when I have all of my marriage licenses/certificates scanned.  So far I have only done 20 so it might be awhile.

 

Copyright © 2014 Michele Simmons Lewis

No comments:

Post a Comment