Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Eureka!

After 45 minutes of raking, we finally found the graves.  There are 3 flat markers.  Was one of them a governor of Georgia?  You will find out tomorrow.  I still need to upload the photos to Find A Grave.  Here is where it is in relation to the nearest road.   What is really neat is the cemetery is up on a high ridge.  When you look down there is about a 200 foot drop to that creek that is on the map.  With the wet leaves it was pretty slick.  One slip and you would have been reading about me in the newspapers in about a week when they found my body. 

Cem map

Copyright © 2014 Michele Simmons Lewis

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad your search was fruitful. I can't wait to hear about your research trail as you find out who these people were.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some of our cemeteries are in such horrible conditions! Glad you found what you were looking for.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So much fun reading about your adventure!

    ReplyDelete