Saturday, March 15, 2014

Too late

I attended a funeral today, the funeral of John Amos Dukes of Wadley, Georgia.  He was my son-in-law’s grandfather.  You couldn’t have met a nicer man.  He and his wife accepted my daughter into their family with open arms.  My daughter and I had been planning to visit Papa and Granny Dukes just to sit down with them and hear all of the old stories that only they know.  Kaitlyn and I both lead very busy lives and we just didn’t get around to it.  Instead, we attended Papa Dukes’ funeral today. 

Copyright © 2013 Michele Simmons Lewis

3 comments:

  1. I am so sorry for the loss of a dear loved one. I will keep the family in my thoughts and prayers.
    I hate the "too late" times! Not only do you lose a great person but all of the stories and information!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry for your loss. I'll keep you, your daughter and son-in-law in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry for your loss. I, too, was a victim of "too late" with my own grandfather.

    ReplyDelete