Saturday, May 3, 2014

Could your ancestor have served?

Here is a great graphic showing the Birth Years of Veterans that you can use to see if your ancestor could have served in a conflict/war.  Not all of the wars are listed but the biggest ones are.  Ancestry.com states the graphic came from Fold3 but I was unable to find it on their website.  I would have preferred to link directly to it. 

This post lends itself well to a question someone sent me.  Bob wanted to know why I always put Ancestry.com and not just Ancestry.  With all of the other websites I reference I leave the .com or .org etc. off.  Great question!  There is a reason I do this.  There happens to be a a publishing company in Utah named Ancestry and I want to distinguish between the two.

 

Copyright © 2014 Michele Simmons Lewis

No comments:

Post a Comment