Monday, June 30, 2014

A few pictures

Here are some pictures from IGHR 2014.  Over the next few days I will tell you about some of the things I learned.  The first thing I will tell you is that the entire experience was better than I even imagined and I will definitely be back next year.  You can see the schedule for the next three years HERE.  My biggest problem will be deciding what I want to take next.

Here is my class, Course 4: Writing and Publishing for Genealogists.  The instructor, Dr. Thomas W. Jones, is the man in the very front.  I am the second person to his right (your left). 

Course 4Copyright 2014 © Laurie Sleeper, used with permission

 

Here are two photos of the ProGen participants that attended IGHR 2014.  The first one is ProGen groups 1-17 (alumni).  There are a couple of famous genealogists in this group.  Can you find them?

ProGen-1-17_thumb1
Copyright © 2014 Judy G. Russell and Angela Packer McGhie, used with permission

 

Here is ProGen groups 18-23 (current participants).  Groups 18 and 19 will be finished the first week in July so the next time we get our pictures taken I will get to be in the first group!  I am in the front row, second from the left.

ProGen-18-23_thumb2Copyright © 2014 Judy G. Russell and Angela Packer McGhie, used with permission

 

There are a lot more ProGen participants than this.  These are just the ones that attended IGHR 2014.  If you want your research to catapult to the next level, you will definitely want join the ProGen Study Groups.  It is an 18 month program and you will be expected to complete all of the monthly readings and assignments, critique your classmates’ assignments and participate in the monthly chats.  This program isn’t for the faint of heart.  You will be spending 18 months with a small group of likeminded individuals so you will also be making good friends.  Your group’s coordinator and mentor are available to help you every step of the way.  I highly recommend the program.

 

Copyright © 2014 Michele Simmons Lewis

No comments:

Post a Comment