Friday, June 13, 2014

Friday – final day and drive home

I have one more person to mention and that is Alvie Davidson.  I met him at the banquet last night and it was an honor for me.  Alvie has answered a lot of questions for me over the years.  What is really cool about Alvie is not only is he a genealogist (CG), he is a private detective!  I always imagine him wearing a deerstalker while sneaking around in courthouses.  You can read more about Alvie HERE.

We had a short schedule today:

8:00 a.m. - 9:15 a.m.: Aesthetics of Writing: Using Visual Impact to Deliver Your Message (Jones)
9:45 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.: Marketing Your Self-Published Materials (Scott)
11:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.: Review of Student Project 3; Closing Remarks and Distribution of Certificates (Jones)

After class we took a class picture and then I hopped in my car to head back home.  The weather was a bit uncooperative with scattered rain showers and the traffic coming through Atlantic was s l o w but I did make it.

As soon as I got the car unloaded I logged into work at Legacy because I have more than a few hours to make up so I will be working this weekend Smile

I am really looking forward to putting everything I learned into practice.  The course was excellent and I am looking forward to IGHR next year.  I can’t say enough good things about the entire experience.

 

Copyright © 2014 Michele Simmons Lewis


No comments:

Post a Comment