Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Update on the NIGS

National Institute for Genealogical Studies

I told you a while back that I would be taking the German courses that the National Institute for Genealogical Studies (NIGS) offers.  Even though I was born in Germany and I speak German I am not that familiar with doing in depth German research and that is why I am taking these specialized courses.   I am also blogging about the German courses on the NIGS Blog.  I wanted to give you a bit of an update of where I am at in the program.

I have completed two courses, Introduction to German Research for North Americans and Locating Places in Germany.  I have to say that I am amazed with how much information they pack in.  The texts for the courses are excellent.  I can honestly say that I have already learned a lot.

The course I am in right now is German – The Language.  The next course after that will be Church Records.  That will conclude all of the basic level courses and then I will be on to the intermediate level. 

 

Copyright © 2014 Michele Simmons Lewis

No comments:

Post a Comment