Friday, December 5, 2014

Great news from Germany

Flag of Germany.svg

In the I am not going to make my goal date post I explained that I would be scanning, reanalyzing, and entering all of my German documents.  One of my distant cousins in German has been hot on the trail of one of our brick walls (Glaentzer/Gläntzer).  In a nutshell, we are trying to tie three lines together and we have been talking about maybe using DNA. 

Yesterday my cousin notified me that she had received a packet of documents from one of the German archives.  She received 80 pages of parish registers and civil certificates.  I of course was doing the genealogy happy dance.  Well it only gets better.  Today she emailed me to tell me she found the connection between two of the lines!  She is compiling all the information and will be sending it to me on Sunday.  Two down, one to go!  

This weekend is dedicated to getting things finished on my end.  I will have two very full days.  Don’t forget, I am dealing with German documents which requires the extra step of figuring out what they actually say.  The German itself isn’t too much of problem for me but the old script is a definite challenge. 

 

Copyright © 2014 Michele Simmons Lewis

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to hear all about your finds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto that for me, too. I'm so jealous but also happy for you!

    ReplyDelete