Tuesday, December 16, 2014

You never know until you ask

I emailed a city cemetery in Germany and asked if they would be willing to photograph a marker for me since I live in the United States.  They said they would be more than happy to.  How is that for nice. 

This is my great-uncle Josef.  He was a policeman and he had a cool police dog.  I remember him being very kind to me when I was a little girl. 

Glaentzer, Josef 1998Photograph Copyright © 2014 Andrea Hansch, used with permission.

 

Hier ist ein Foto von meinem Onkel Josef und Tante Else.

Glaentzer, Josef and Else 01

 

Copyright © 2014 Michele Simmons Lewis

6 comments:

  1. Oh, my.... Above and beyond the call. How?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes. That was definitely nice of them. I never thought of asking a cemetery to photograph a tombstone for me. Thanks for this tip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was corresponding with a Czech cemetery and even without me asking they were so kind as to take a photograph of the tombstone in question! I found information that I hadn't even dreamt of on that photo, ending years of research but I now have more questions!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Michele,

    I want to let you know that your blog post is listed in today's Fab Finds post at http://janasgenealogyandfamilyhistory.blogspot.com/2014/12/follow-friday-fab-finds-for-december-19.html

    Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete