Thursday, January 8, 2015

Mastering Genealogical Proof Study Group

I have mentioned the Mastering Genealogical Proof Study Groups before on the blog.  They are based on the book, Mastering Genealogical Proof, by Thomas W. Jones.  Dr.  Jones’s book is in a workbook format so it is perfect for a study group. 

I will be leading one of these MGP study groups starting in April or May.  I went through the program the first time with Harold Henderson, CG and he was awesome.  The second time I went through it as a mentor I went through with Dr. Jones himself.  This time I will be leading a group and I very excited about it.  As soon as I have all the details for when and where I will let you know.  I would love to see you guys there.

Copyright © 2015 Michele Simmons Lewis

3 comments:

  1. I hope this study group is either online or a series of webinars. I would love to learn from you but distance makes that nearly impossible. Either way, I am super excited to learn the details as it becomes available.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will be an asynchronous chat. Each chapter will be one week. At the start of the week I will send out an intro, some info and some questions. Everyone will chime in and we will discuss everything and answer questions. It will be set up like a mailing list. You send a message out, everyone gets it.

      Delete
  2. It sounds like a wonderful learning opportunity! Looking forward to it! Thanks for leading it!

    ReplyDelete