Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Legacy: More about the Source Clipboard

There are two other things you can do with the Source Clipboard and some Legacy users get confused between the two so I am going to explain both.

You can have up to 5 different sources on the clipboard at the same time.  If you do, whenever you click the Paste icon ALL of the sources on the clipboard will be pasted at the same time.

Open the Source Clipboard, click Options at the bottom, select Allow multiple sources on the clipboard. (You can click on any of the screenshots to make the image larger).

1ss

Click on each tab and load the Master Source and Detail just like you did YESTERDAY.  Now when you paste your citation ALL of the sources you have loaded will paste.  This is very different than saving a citation for later use which is what I will show next.

You can save up to 10 different clipboards.  They can be single citations or up to 5 citations on a single clipboard.  This is very handy if you have some favorites.

Start by loading a Master Source to the clipboard.  You can even add the detail if the detail isn’t going to change.  Now click Save Citations to Disk at the bottom of the screen.

2ss

 

Now I can open the Source Clipboard and select Load Citations from Disk and I will have my quick pick list of favorite citations.

3ss

 

Copyright © 2015 Michele Simmons Lewis

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Michele. This is one area of the SourceWriter that I have not taken the time to learn properly. It takes me such a short time to access my many Master Sources and then add the detail, put the source on the clipboard and use it, that I just haven't done much with the multiple tabs. I'm glad you posted this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I rarely paste multiple sources at the same time but I have done it. I do use the saved clipboards though.

      Delete