Tuesday, February 3, 2015

My new toy–Dragon NaturallySpeaking

dragon

I had been wanting to get Dragon for eons but I was just too cheap.  I finally ended up snagging it during one of Amazon’s super sales. I haven’t had a lot of time to work with it yet but I played around with it this weekend and so far I really like what I see. I have used the built in voice recognition program in Windows 8 but I really don’t like it because even after doing tons of “training” it was still making a lot of mistakes.  With Dragon I didn’t have to do ANY training with it to get it to accurately recognize my voice. I am typing this blog post using Dragon.  I have already tested it out in several other programs including Legacy and Evernote and it is working great.  The only drawback is that my kids snicker a bit when they see me talking to myself.  I don’t know why they think that is so odd because I do that whether I am using Dragon or not.

 

Copyright © 2015 Michele Simmons Lewis

4 comments:

  1. I've been wanting to try this for a while. I use the speech to text on my iphone a LOT. I'm glad this is working well for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been using Dragon at work for nearly a decade. Somehow I never thought of getting it for home use. That makes a lot of sense. Do you have to use a headset for home use? Does it take up a lot of space in your computer?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use a headset. I have to use a headset a lot of time anyways for meetings on Google Hangouts etc. so no biggie for me. It doesn't take up any space. I just park it on top of my tower under my desk.

      Delete