Monday, April 20, 2015

The blog is back!

I took an entire month off.  I wasn’t planning on taking that much time but it just sort of worked out that way. So what have I been doing?  Well, I work for Legacy full time so that does keep me pretty busy.  I am also in the middle of mentoring GenProof Study Group 40 which is going very well.  I finished Warren Bittner’s Reading German I course and I am in the middle of Reading German II though the Virtual Institute of Genealogical Research and I am also taking German: Emigration Records though the National Institute for Genealogical Studies.  I am trying to fill in some holes in my German education. 

I am still trying to finish going though my documents and getting everything scanned.  New documents keep coming in and sometimes I feel like I will never get it all done.  I have two more plastic containers to get through.  I took everything out of my binders  and put them in plastic boxes.  After I scan a document, double check what I have entered in my genealogy file, and link the document in Legacy, I put the document back in the correct binder.  I am at about 80% complete which is pretty good.  So far I have been at it for close to a year and a half.  I have been collecting documents for over 20 years so I have a lot.

I am looking forward to finally having a real office.  My daughter Kelly got married a few weeks ago and she will be moving out on May 9th to join her husband in Alabama.  I will be taking over her bedroom.  People post pictures of their offices in the Organized Genealogist Facebook group and I have been getting from inspiration from them.  In 20+ years I have never had an office.  That’s what happens when you have five children.

I took on a client case.  I haven’t done any client research in a while because I just stay so busy with everything else but this one was very intriguing and I couldn’t help myself.  This is a pretty straightforward case so I am hoping to wrap it up in a timely manner.  I am trying to prove or disprove some family lore which is one of my favorite things to do.

Other than that, not much.

 

Copyright © 2015 Michele Simmons Lewis

9 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks, Cathy. I am thinking I will only be posting 3 times a week for awhile but that is better than none times a week :)

      Delete
  2. Welcome back! Your posts are always so informative and I've missed them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you're back! I've missed this blog but certainly understand how busy you are. It's as a result of one of your posts that I am in the GPS study group 39. I'm learning a lot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great! I know you will get a lot out of it :)

      Delete
  4. That sounds like a busy and productive month off! Welcome back!

    ReplyDelete