Monday, April 27, 2015

Well duh!

Marian Pierre-Louis and I work together at Legacy. She just wrote a GREAT article for our Legacy News blog.  When I read it I was a bit embarrassed because I had never thought to create a form to take with me to a repository.  Her article, Navigate Local Town Hall Research, focuses on town records (it’s a New England thing) but you can easily adapt this to any other repository.  I live four miles from the Columbia County courthouse and I see great potential here.

 

Copyright © 2015 Michele Simmons Lewis

2 comments:

  1. Michelle - when you said Columbia County what state are you in? If New York, I spent my summers in the northwest corner of Dutchess County, just south of Clermont (my grandmother was a Livingston). And my brother lives in Germantown.

    ReplyDelete