Thursday, January 28, 2016

Dear Ancestry.com Part II

You can read Part I HERE.

I wanted to give you an update of where I am thus far.  I have received many responses and all but one have been very nice.  EVERY one has told me they copied from another tree but I was able to do a little gentle teaching that was well-received.  I had one person who told me I was wrong because there were over 100 trees that say that Samuel was the son of James so that was correct.  I might have messaged him back a little more forcefully than I did the others. 

I have only found one person this is actually a direct line descendant of Samuel and he is very interested in taking a yDNA test after I explained to him what a DNA test could tell us.  My uncle took a yDNA test for me and he is in the direct line of a known son of James so I have something to compare to. Maybe I will luck up. 

 

Copyright © 2016 Michèle Simmons Lewis

3 comments:

  1. Michele, you say "EVERY one has told me they copied from another tree but I was able to do a little gentle teaching that was well-received."


    That was not true in replies to your "Part I" blog post. Maybe you meant to specify responses on facebook?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I mean in the Ancestry.com messages I got back from people. I tried to educate them (nicely) about what research is (not copying a pasting from another tree)

      Delete
  2. Sorry I missed that you are referring here to the tree-owners you contacted.

    ReplyDelete