Saturday, January 2, 2016

The DAR

I have threatened to join the DAR for quite some time but I finally did it.  My lineage is on its way to Washington for final approval. I have several Patriot ancestors but I decided to use the one that I only recently discovered. I was so excited about finding the parents and then grandparents of my 4th great-grandmother (her grandfather being the Patriot) that I went ahead and wrote it all up.  The local DAR registrar is happy with it so off to Washington it goes.  So here is my lineage.Lineage from Patriot Reuben Radford to Michele Simmons

Copyright © 2016 Michèle Simmons Lewis

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations. Love your chart, what did you use to create it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Legacy :) I exported just this line to a new Legacy file using Tagging and then created the chart there so that I could isolate this one line to a chart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Michele! I became a member back in 2009. I proudly display the plaque in my office. You have to know that they love it when genealogists turn in lineage. Less work for them. Although, of course, they have to go over everything. Look forward to seeing your certificate.

    ReplyDelete