Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Update to “Wish me luck!”

You can read the background info HERE.

I still haven’t heard from the 110/111 match BUT I did hear from someone else.  What I failed to mention in the first post is that I also have a second 66/67 match.  The one marker difference is the exact same marker difference that I have for the 110/111 match (DYS442, they both have a value of 12 and I have a value of 13).

I heard back from the person that manages that DNA sample. Not only does she have that entire line paper trailed and sourced she has agreed to upgrade to 111 markers.  Oh happy day!

The three lineages are completely different which is great.  We know they are going to converge at some point.  Looking at the three different lines gives us a few clues on where that convergence might be (which state).  We are looking toward Virginia, early 1700s.  The person that manages the 67 marker test is an experienced genealogist so between the two of us we will figure this out.  In the meantime, I am anxiously awaiting the results of the 111 marker test.  I suspect that we too will be a 110/111 match and that the other two will be a 111/111 match.

Copyright © 2016 Michèle Simmons Lewis

No comments:

Post a Comment