Monday, October 10, 2016

More on Maude

For the background information please see A Brick wall for YOU
I haven’t looked at this case in a while and thought it was time to pick it back up.  I am going to try working the DNA angle.  What I am hoping to find is that Maude had more children after she left Lem.  If one of those kids (or grandkids) tested it might lead me to someone that knows something.

Maude only had three grandchildren from her marriage to Lem and all three are living.  One has agreed to DNA testing and I am waiting to hear back from the other two. 
 
I did get an interesting email today from the daughter of one of Maude’s half sisters.  Maude was the oldest child from her dad’s first marriage.  Maude’s half sister from her dad’s second marriage is one of the younger ones in that group so there is actually 31 years difference between the two (there were 9 children from the first marriage and 9 more from the second).  Anyway, the daughter of Maude’s half sister said, "My mother told me that her daddy went so far as to hire a private detective to look for her but they never found her." Ouch. Another blow.  Maude was hiding out well enough that a private detective couldn’t find her. 
 
This is one of those cases that I just can’t let go of.  I really want to know what happened to Maude.
 
Copyright © 2016 Michèle Simmons Lewis