Friday, November 18, 2016

Update on Maude

Here are the two previous posts:
A Brick Wall for YOU
More on Maude

A blog reader suggested that I check to see if Maude applied for a delayed birth certificate in the state of Mississippi. I thought that was a pretty good idea. I requested a search but unfortunately the search was negative and she never filed for one. I really can’t read too much into that though. She would have needed a birth certificate to apply for a social security number but she could have died before she would have applied or she never applied at all which is likely considering that she never (as far as I know) was part of the regular workforce.

Here is a good article on this history of Social Security on the Social Security Administration website:

 Historical Background and Development of Social Security

 

Copyright © 2016 Michèle Simmons Lewis

No comments:

Post a Comment