Thursday, January 12, 2017

Ida Perry

You can read about Ida Perry, my 2nd great-aunt and one of my favorite relatives, HERE. You can see her nursing diploma HERE.

One of my second cousins once removed emailed me a couple of days ago.  I knew who he was but I had never spoken to him. He wanted me to see some photos that he had, some that I had never seen before.  He had several of Ida, most of which I had seen but not this one.  By now you know that I have been a registered nurse since I was 19 years old and that is one of the reasons I am so drawn to Ida and her sisters Dona and Mary who were all nurses.  Here is one of the coolest pictures ever.

Perry, Ida 03Photograph courtesy of the John Ames collection, used with permission

Ida is the woman on the far right.  This picture would have been taken at Charity Hospital in Shreveport, Louisiana circa 1905 when Ida was the nursing superintendent there. She and her sisters were absolutely beautiful. John is the grandson of Dona Perry (Ida’s sister) and I am the great-granddaughter of Ida and Dona’s brother, Walter.


Copyright © 2017 Michèle Simmons Lewis

No comments:

Post a Comment