Thursday, March 2, 2017

My favorite Facebook Groups

If you know me at all you know that I spend a lot of time on Facebook. I think it’s a great way to communicate with other researchers and keep up to date with what’s going on in the genealogy world.

Here is a list of my favorite Facebook groups. I do belong to more groups than this but these are the ones I am most active in. I would love for you to join in but please don’t add your friends to groups, let them join themselves.  It is okay (and encouraged) to post a general invite to a group on your wall for your friends to see but don’t add them yourself. That violates group etiquette.

4 comments:

  1. I had no idea these existed. Thanks for the info on them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm....Access for Genealogists? Might be something that I need to look at!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michele,
    Knowing you do a lot of work with DNA and spreadsheets - how do you set up your spreadsheet(s) so they are the most useful to you? IE do you include Shared cMs from AncestryDNA and FTDNA, Total and/or Largest cMs from GEDMatch, contact info, surnames,etc
    Christine Gray
    sanukgray@gmail.com
    I am just barely beginning to bite the DNA bullet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have several different spreadsheets.

      I have one of confirmed matches (I know how I match these people on paper). This one has their name, AKA (if applicable), email address, which company they tested with, GEDmatch number (if applicable) how many total cM, who the MRCA (most recent common ancestor is). All of these people have been entered into my Legacy database with their connecting lines. The source is... DNA MATCH - LINEAGE NOT CONFIRMED

      Then I have my working spreadsheets. These are the ones I use for figuring out how other people are related to me by using the people that I know are related to me. This is pretty close to what I do.

      http://blog.kittycooper.com/2016/09/taking-it-to-the-next-level-dna-spreadsheets/#more-4113



      Delete